Patient- and Family-Centered Care at St. Louis Children's Hospital
We believe that patient- and family-centered care is an essential part of every family's experience at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Patients, families and the healthcare providers always working together to create the best quality of care ensuring a superior patient and family experience
Strengthen the voice of the patient and family member throughout St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Integrate the patient and family perspective into all aspects of hospital planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services. Everyone is responsible for caring for children and families.
We strive to…..
- Involve families always, early and often.
- Trust and respect that parents are experts in knowing their child best.
- Value the voice of our families. Recognize that each child is a member of a unique family with varied values, needs, environments, culture, resources and strength.
- Empower and develop families to be advocates in their child’s care, to become more confident through information and resources that helps them ask the right questions to gain understanding.
- Understand that the stresses that families face influence their coping. Ensure resources are available to assist families with spiritual, psychosocial and recreational needs so they can continue their role of supporting their child.
Your voice matters!
One of the best ways we can embody the principles of patient- and family-centered care is by listening to your feedback and incorporating it into our policies, procedures, and daily operations. We take great pride in the partnerships we create with families, and utilize your feedback to help us monitor the quality of the care we provide. Please help us by sharing your experiences. Whether we did something great or need to work on an issue, we want your opinion.