What is a registered dietitian?
Registered Dietitians are healthcare professionals who provide medical nutrition therapy and preventive nutrition counseling.
Outpatient nutrition counseling services
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) provided by a pediatric registered dietitian (RD) can help prevent and manage diseases that impact your child’s health, fitness and overall well-being. MNT includes a complete assessment of your child’s overall nutritional status, medical information and history of dietary habits, followed by a personalized treatment plan. This preventive or disease management nutrition service can:
- Build a base for good health and wellness
- Improve food choices and habits for lifelong, optimal health
- Maintain weight or lose excess pounds
- Select foods for food allergies or preferences such as vegetarian food choices
- Help reduce complications from diabetes, heart and kidney diseases
Get a list and schedule of our Nutritional Resources, including nutrition counseling programs, groups, and classes.
Ask your doctor for a referral for medical nutrition therapy from a registered dietitian (RD). Many insurance companies include medical nutrition therapy in their health insurance plans. Please check with your individual provider, as coverage may be subject to change.
Pediatric nutrition resources