We care for kids and young adults with cancer through our program, Siteman Kids at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Drawing on the expertise of St. Louis Children’s pediatric cancer doctors, Siteman Cancer Center and Washington University physicians, we combine the most advanced medical treatments and innovation with the compassion and family-centered care you have come to expect. Every patient is special. Every patient is part of our family.
At Siteman Kids at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, we focus on the individual needs of each child and young adult, addressing the unique challenges of each patient and bringing the scientific innovations of an exceptional cancer center directly to you.
As the largest childhood cancer care center in the region, we offer:
- Access to emerging therapies not available elsewhere in the region
- Latest in targeted therapies for precision treatment (proton beam, intraoperative MRI, gamma knife)
- Personalized care through genomics
- Special expertise in brain tumors, and bone marrow transplantation
- Support for school and college retention, promoting social and emotional health
- Survivorship services to support care into adulthood
- Meeting young adult needs: fertility, peer acceptance, career planning
- A family-centered environment, accommodating everyone’s needs
|We’re Here to Help: Meet the Cancer Care Team|
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Central line placement
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- Bone marrow harvest
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Chronic transfusion therapy
- Stem cell transplant
- Limb salvage (an orthopedic procedure)
- Neutropenia -- Evaluation and assistance in the management of congenital and acquired causes of neutropenia, including benign neutropenia of childhood, congenital agranulocytosis, and drug-induced neutropenia.
- Leukemia and lymphoma -- Diagnosis and management of patients with acute and chronic leukemia, Hodgkin's disease, and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Staff members are active participants in Children's Oncology Group (COG) protocols for treatment of these malignancies.
- Brain tumors -- Diagnosis and management of all benign and malignant tumors in both the brain and spinal cord.
- Solid Tumors -- Diagnosis and management of benign and malignant solid tumors of all parts of the body including Wilms tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, neuroblastoma, osteosarcoma and Ewings Sarcoma.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 314.454.5437 or 800.678.5437 or email us.