We believe that patient- and family-centered care (PFCC) is an essential part of every family's experience at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Patients, families and healthcare providers always working together to create the best quality of care ensuring a superior patient and family experience
Strengthen partnerships between patient and family members throughout St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Integrate the patient and family perspective into all aspects of hospital planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services. Everyone is responsible for caring for children and families.
The PFCC Program commits to:
- Involve families always, early and often
- Empower and advocate for the voice of our families
- Promote understanding and acceptance of families values, needs, environments, culture, faith, resources and strength
- Ensure resources are available to assist families so they can continue their role of supporting their child
- Maintain open and honest communication
We Need You!
One of the best ways we can embody the principles of patient- and family-centered care is by listening to your feedback and incorporating it into our policies, procedures, and daily operations. We take great pride in the partnerships we create with families, and utilize your feedback to help us monitor the quality of the care we provide. Please help us by sharing your experiences of what went right and what we can do better. We want to hear your ideas.