Baby Steps for Expectant Parents
Sign up for the Baby Steps eNewsletter
Baby Steps is an email newsletter for expectant parents and parents of newborns from St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Each month, families receive tips, tools and resources to help you prepare for your newborn and guide you through your baby’s first six months.
Emails are targeted based on your baby’s age, including tips for choosing a pediatrician and child care provider, top 10 scams and rip-offs for new moms, immunizations, age appropriate toys, treating a fever, sign language and more!
Many of our online resources for expectant parents are listed below. Sign up to start receiving Baby Steps.
Choosing a Birthing Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- ProgressWest Hospital
- Alton Memorial Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
Choosing a Pediatrician - We Can Help!
Who's Watching Baby?
- A Parent's Guide to Choosing Child Care
- Finding the Best Day Care for Your Child
- Breastfeeding Your Baby: Going Back to Work
Top 10 Scams and Rip-Offs for New Moms
Keeping Baby Safe
Protecting Your Baby - Immunizations
Sweet Dreams for Baby
- Keeping Your Baby Safe brochure
- Creating a safe sleep environment - interactive course
- Solving Baby's Sleep Problems - Children's Mom Docs blog
- Prevent Infant Death - Don't Sleep with Baby - Dr. James Kemp
- Keeping Your Infant in a Safe Sleep Environment
Life with Baby
- Your First Year With Baby brochure
- The New Mother - Taking Care of Yourself After Birth
- More Than Just the Baby Blues
- Postpartum Depression Risk interactive assessment
We're Here for New Parents
- St. Louis Children's Hospital Answer Line
- Family Resource Center
- KidCare App
- Kids Today
- Children's Mom Docs blog
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
Parent's Night Out
- Permission to Treat form
- Super Sitter Notes instruction sheet
- Help Your Babysitter Prepare for Anything
Look Who's Talking!
Your Little One is Sick - What Now?