Baby Justin caught a common virus while he was still in the womb. As his condition deteriorated, his doctors at St. Louis Children's Hospital determined he would need a heart transplant. Too sick to pump on its own, Justin's heart was hooked up to a Berlin heart device, which pumped his failing heart for him and bought him time until a donor heart became available.
|All Patient Stories||SLC-TV|
|All Physician Profiles|
Health & Wellness
|Healthy Recipes||Nutrition||Safety||Wellness, Development & Safety|
About St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Visiting the Ambulatory Procedure Center (APC)
- Listen to Other Parents Talk About Cancer: My Child Has Cancer?
- Listen to Other Parents Talk About Cancer: How Do I Make This Work?
- Things You Should Know About Cancer: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Things You Should Know About Cancer: When a Patient Has a Fever