Baby Justin caught a common virus while he was still in the womb. As his condition deteriorated, his doctors at St. Louis Children's Hospital determined he would need a heart transplant. Too sick to pump on its own, Justin's heart was hooked up to a Berlin heart device, which pumped his failing heart for him and bought him time until a donor heart became available.
|All Patient Stories||SLC-TV|
|All Physician Profiles|
Health & Wellness
|Healthy Recipes||Nutrition||Safety||Wellness, Development & Safety|
About St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Things You Should Know About Cancer: Central Lines
- Kids Talk to Kids About Cancer: I Have Cancer?
- Kids Talk to Kids About Cancer: Telling Friends and Family You Have Cancer
- Kids Talk to Kids About Cancer: Getting Chemotherapy, Losing Hair and the Central Line
- Baby Josiah's Journey with Gnathodiaphyseal Dysplasia