Katelyn Jackson is been through more than most kids her age. By the time she was 3-years-old, she'd had 6 heart surgeries. The precocious 10-year-old plans to be a heart surgeon when she grows up, because she knows a thing or two about stuff like that. In the meantime, she's giving back by sharing advice, gifts, and, most recently, her heart beat. Katelyn actually recorded her heart beat with help from her team at the St. Louis Children's and Washington University Heart Center, and shared it with local singer/songwriter Erin Bode. The result is a song called "The Space Between," which uses Katelyn's heart beat as the rhythm, and highlights Katelyn's journey.
Katelyn: The Inspiration Behind "The Space Between"
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
|All Patient Stories||SLC-TV|
|All Physician Profiles|
Health & Wellness
|Healthy Recipes||Nutrition||Safety||Wellness, Development & Safety|
About St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Listen to Other Parents Talk About Cancer: Becoming An Informed Parent
- Visiting the Ambulatory Procedure Center (APC)
- Listen to Other Parents Talk About Cancer: My Child Has Cancer?
- Listen to Other Parents Talk About Cancer: How Do I Make This Work?
- Things You Should Know About Cancer: When a Patient Has a Fever