Katelyn Jackson is been through more than most kids her age. By the time she was 3-years-old, she'd had 6 heart surgeries. The precocious 10-year-old plans to be a heart surgeon when she grows up, because she knows a thing or two about stuff like that. In the meantime, she's giving back by sharing advice, gifts, and, most recently, her heart beat. Katelyn actually recorded her heart beat with help from her team at the St. Louis Children's and Washington University Heart Center, and shared it with local singer/songwriter Erin Bode. The result is a song called "The Space Between," which uses Katelyn's heart beat as the rhythm, and highlights Katelyn's journey.
Katelyn: The Inspiration Behind "The Space Between"
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
|All Patient Stories||SLC-TV|
|All Physician Profiles|
Health & Wellness
|Healthy Recipes||Nutrition||Safety||Wellness, Development & Safety|
About St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Local Construction Worker Participates in KIDstruction Week 2011
- St. Louis Childrens Hospital's DNA Data Bank for Clubfoot Research
- The Ponseti Method for Club Foot Correction
- The Ponseti Brace and the Importance of Parental Compliance
- St. Louis Children's Hospital Brain Tumor Program - Frankie's Story