Katelyn Jackson is been through more than most kids her age. By the time she was 3-years-old, she'd had 6 heart surgeries. The precocious 10-year-old plans to be a heart surgeon when she grows up, because she knows a thing or two about stuff like that. In the meantime, she's giving back by sharing advice, gifts, and, most recently, her heart beat. Katelyn actually recorded her heart beat with help from her team at the St. Louis Children's and Washington University Heart Center, and shared it with local singer/songwriter Erin Bode. The result is a song called "The Space Between," which uses Katelyn's heart beat as the rhythm, and highlights Katelyn's journey.
Katelyn: The Inspiration Behind "The Space Between"
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
|All Patient Stories||SLC-TV|
|All Physician Profiles|
Health & Wellness
|Healthy Recipes||Nutrition||Safety||Wellness, Development & Safety|
About St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Diaphragmatic Hernia Infant -Baby Anna's Success at The Fetal Care Center
- Polymicrogyria -Baby Luke's Story at The Fetal Care Center
- Inside St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Baby Receives Liver Transplant from St. Louis Children's Hospital After Double Listing
- Inside a St. Louis Children's Hospital MRI Machine