Jessica had a lung transplant more than 13 years ago to treat cystic fibrosis.
- The Center and affiliated programs currently treat over 500 patients from several Midwestern states, making it one of the largest centers in the country.
- Under the direction of Dr. Thomas Ferkol and Dr. Peter Michelson, the Cystic Fibrosis Pediatric Center keeps growing, and we now see 230 children and adolescents regularly.
- We are involved in the care of more than 50 pediatric patients from all over the U.S. who have been referred for, or have survived, lung or liver transplantation.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Adult Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, led by Dr. Daniel Rosenbluth and Jeffrey Atkinson, cares for over 160 patients, including adults who have undergone lung transplantation.
- The Pediatric and Adult Clinical Centers are fully supported by nurse coordinators, dietitians, social workers, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, and other ancillary health personnel.
- A full complement of adult and pediatric medical subspecialty and surgical consultants is available, many of whom are actively involved in the program.