Why Choose Us?
Expert emergency and trauma care – just for kids.
- High volume emergency room: We treat nearly 49,000 kids each year with injuries and illnesses that range from minor to complex. We are prepared and ready for your child.
- Private rooms: 30 private treatment rooms feature kid-sized medical equipment, DVD players and flat-screen televisions. Four dedicated trauma rescue bays feature the latest medical technology to treat the highest level of traumatic injuries.
- Fast track care: Separate “fast track” area, open during peak evening and weekend hours, for less acute illnesses.
- “Ouchless” care: to make your child’s experience better and less scary.
- Board-certified pediatric emergency physicians: every physician in our emergency room has received extra training and is certified by the State of Missouri in pediatric emergency medicine. Trust your child’s health to experts.
- Highest level of trauma care: St. Louis Children’s Hospital is the only pediatric trauma center in Missouri and Illinois to be verified nationally by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) as a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center. This means that Children’s Hospital has the highest level of resources, specialists and programs to treat your child.
- Pediatric replantation and revascularization services: the only pediatric center in the region providing this service 24/7.
- Burn center recognized by the American Burn Association (ABA)
- Specialized trauma programs: Children’s Hospital has highly-specialized programs established to continue the care your child needs. Programs include neurocritical care, neurorehabilitation, sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE), trauma clinic and pediatric acute wound services (PAWS).
- Free parking and easy access from Kingshighway Avenue.