For appointments call 314.454.5437 or 800.678.5437
Hydrocephalus is a condition that causes the fluid inside of the head to build up, causing pressure inside of the head to increase and the skull bones to expand to a larger than normal size.
Treatment often involves insertion and monitoring of hydrocephalus shunts that help divert fluid from the head to another part of the body.
The Hydrocephalus Clinic at St. Louis Children’s Hospital provides diagnosis and management for these patients from childhood, through adolescence and into adulthood.
Treatment options include:
- Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt insertion
- Ventriculopleural shunt insertion
- Ventriculoatrial shunt insertion
- Ventriculosubgaleal shunt insertion
- Ventricular reservoir insertion
The clinic is staffed by a team of specialists, and appointments are seen daily. Some insurance plans may require a physician referral to be seen at the Hydrocephalus Clinic.