Children's Hospital Therapy Services Chesterfield
Therapy Services has two locations to better serve the community:
St. Louis Children's Hospital
One Children's Place, 4th Floor
St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Therapy Services - West County
16216 Baxter Road
Chesterfield, Missouri 63017
St. Louis Children’s Hospital
At St. Louis Children’s Hospital, the Therapy Services team offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy services to children with varying abilities. The therapy services team of pediatric experts provides highly individualized, flexible therapy programs to meet the needs of children in a wide variety of specialty programs.
The facilities on the 4th floor of the hospital provide children with a bright, uplifting environment in which to learn, grow and explore, while addressing therapeutic needs. Some of the features of the space include:
- Ameren Activity Island -- a fun sensory-integrative motor activity gym
- Bank of America Sports Medicine Gym -- An area dedicated to the young athlete’s specific therapeutic needs
- St. Louis Variety Club Adaptive Kitchen -- A kitchen designed to flex and meet the needs of a variety of therapy recipients
Children's Hospital Therapy Services – Chesterfield (West County)
For convenient outpatient care, many therapy services are also available at our location in Chesterfield, Missouri. The staff's pediatric expertise combined with advanced therapeutic skills means your child receives developmentally appropriate and effective therapy to reach his or her full potential. The staff provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment for children with a variety of disorders, such as:
- Developmental delays
- Sensory integration
Primary services include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
Your child may receive individual or group therapy, depending on his or her needs. In both situations, the staff works therapeutic fun into the program to motivate your child and practice essential skills through play. Extensive home education and parent training also are integral parts of therapy. The staff believes the family-centered, child-guided approach is the key to success in therapy.
Other services available Children's Hospital Therapy Services – Chesterfield include:
- Oral motor/feeding assessments. Speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists work together to address feeding issues of children from birth to adolescence. Feeding issues include swallowing/mechanical difficulties, failure to thrive, or children who are picky eaters or refuse to eat.
- Adaptive equipment assessments to determine if a child needs a wheelchair, standing frame or special stroller
- Speech, occupational or physical therapy by specially trained therapists using a sensory-integrative and/or neuro-developmental treatment (NDT) approach. For children with sensory and motor disorders, these approaches help their body develop more appropriately, assisting better learning, movement, and behavior.
- Splinting and casting
- Basic developmental screenings to identify areas of concern for preschool children
- Sports Medicine Center, offering services to children who suffer from a variety of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injuries/anomalies. Part of the center also includes a "Head to Toe" program, which helps children understand the importance of diet, weight control, and fitness.
- A lending library with books and articles on current parenting issues for parents of both typically and atypically developing children
- ALERT program
- Listening program
- Bike helmet fitting