Scheduling an Appointment
How to Schedule an appointment:
Call 314.454.KIDS (5437) to schedule an appointment with a psychologist.
How to prepare for your initial appointment:
What to bring for your appointment:
- completed paperwork packet mailed to you.
- previous therapist reports
- copy of child's IEP(Individualized Education Plan)
- previous psychoeducational testing reports
- parking ticket from parking garage
- insurance card
- drivers license of legal guardian
In order to best serve you and your family's needs, please:
- do not bring siblings/sick child
- do not use cell phones during the appointment
What to expect:
- Typically, our evaluation consists of two meetings for gathering information and making recommendations for counseling or other interventions. During these two meetings there will be:
--Individual discussion with your child
--Individual discussion with you
--Joint discussions with you and your child together.
- Please plan to arrive 15 to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Appointments last approximately 45 minutes.
- Legal guardian must accompany the child/adolescent who is under 18 years of age to the first appointment.
How to talk with your child about the visit to the Psychologist:
For young children:
- Tell your child you will be meeting with a "talking doctor."
- Tell them there will be no shots, medical procedures or medication.
- This doctor will ask us questions about each of us, what we like, and what we want to do better.
For older children/adolescents:
- You will be meeting with a Psychologist.
- You will not be prescribed medication or undergo any medial procedures.
- You will be asked questions about what you think and what you want to improve.
What to expect at your visit:
- Your Psychologist will review the paperwork you completed and talk with you about
your family's history, concerns and strengths.
- You may be asked to complete additional forms about your child.
- At the end of the second meeting we will discuss our recommendations and plan, which may include a referral to other specialists, ongoing therapy, testing, or specific interventions for medical or educational providers. We will also discuss how to share this information with your child's doctors.
- Hours at 3N-14 Pediatric Psychology are: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday.
- Hours at 3S-32 Pediatric Neuropsychology are:8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday