Teen Life Council
What we do
- Plan monthly TLC sponsored activities for the Teen Lounge
- Plan monthly “Teen Take Out” events for teen inpatients
- Plan quarterly “Teen Night” events for teen inpatients
- Provide teen input into Strategic Initiatives for hospital administration
- Decorate the teen lounge for special events
- Develop new ways to expand council membership
- Provide input on special events offered to teen patients
- Advise staff and administration on issues that impact teen patients
- Plan and host Teen Prom for inpatients, watch our video from the first Teen Prom
When we meet
The Teen Life Council (TLC) holds meetings once a month at St. Louis Children’s Hospital with food, games, music, activities, and a chance to socialize with others within this age group all working toward making St. Louis Children’s Hospital a better place for teens. Two out of the twelve meetings scheduled in a year are replaced with a fun outing in the St. Louis area. In order to stay up-to-date with current activities, we have an e-mail listserv and a private Facebook group for the Teen Life Council (TLC). These communications serve the purpose for all council members and in particular, help those that would like to be involved but cannot commit to monthly meetings due to location and/or other restrictions, to be included in the discussion.
How do I become a member?
Fill out the Teen Life Council Application and return it to Courtney Coffman, CCLS via the instructions on the form. For more information, contact Courtney at email@example.com or 314.454.2662.