Heart Center Named a Center of Excellence by OptumHealth
OptumHealth recently named the St. Louis Children's and Washington University Heart Center to its Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) Centers of Excellence (COE) network. We are the only center in the region with this designation. Optum's COE network is developed through a detailed clinical evaluation process that recognizes only those medical centers and clinics that meet strict guidelines for clinically superior care, including:
- Procedure success and survival rates
- Quality of medical professionals
- Number of patients treated with a specific condition
- Quality of patient/family-oriented services
- Involvement in clinical research
- Patient satisfaction survey results
- Program depth and breadth
- Treatment planning and coordination
"We are very excited to be recognized as a Center of Excellence and be able to provide families with access to our Heart Center, " says Shelley Perulfi, Program Director of the Heart Center.
Only the most experienced and statistically successful health care providers are selected to be part of Optum's Centers of Excellence networks. More than 3,000 payer groups representing over 48 million people use Optum's health products and services.