|First Aid for Bee or Yellow Jacket Sting
First Aid for Anaphylaxis - Epinephrine
- Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening allergic reaction.
- If you have epinephrine (such as Epi-pen), give it now.
- Do this while calling 911.
- Over 66 pounds (30 kg): Give 0.3 mg. Epi-Pen.
- 33-66 pound (15-30 kg): Give 0.15 mg. Epi-Pen Jr.
- Less than 33 pounds (15 kg): Give dose advised by your doctor.
- Give the shot into the upper outer thigh in the leg straight down.
- Can be given through clothing if needed.
- Benadryl: After giving the Epi-pen, give Benadryl by mouth. Do this if your child is able to swallow.