Helmet Safety Check at Siteman South County
Children can bring their own helmets to this event, where a trained professional will check for correct fit and will ensure that it is an approved helmet -- all at no charge! If your child needs a different helmet or does not have one, we can provide an approved, properly fitting helmet for $11.
Parents and kids will be taught how to put a helmet on correctly so they can continue this important safety practice at home. Pre-registration is required.
This helmet safety check is part of the Sitemen Cancer Center South County Grand Opening. Complete event details are as follows:
The Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine is celebrating the opening of our new facility in South County! Join us at this free event to educate your entire family on healthy habits, cancer prevention and treatment!
- Helmet checks by St. Louis Children's Hospital, visits from Fredbird, EMS workers with their vehicles, and a children's activity tent
- Learn the Eight Ways to Prevent Cancer, including information on nutrition and exercise.
- Free health screenings: Your Disease Risk, colorectal cancer risk assessments, blood pressure screenings, and appointments available with the Mammography Van
- One-on-one discussions with Washington University physicians, researchers and nurses
- Hands-on activities to understand the science and technology of cancer and the genetic link
- Complimentary healthy food samples, plus food available for purchase from three local food trucks
- Cancer survivors tent with therapeutic and support information, plus creative and relaxing activities
- Live entertainment and a festive atmosphere for the entire family.
Please register for the event by calling 314.747.7222 or 800.600.3606.
Registration is not required for the helmet safety check, but please register for the Grand Opening event by calling 314.747.7222 or 800.600.3606.