During these complicated times, doing what’s right for kids involves protecting your child, your family and our caregivers from the unnecessary spread of COVID-19 while still providing the medical care your child needs.
Pediatric patients experiencing respiratory symptoms can access an online symptom checker and video visits with St. Louis Children’s Emergency Department physicians through MyChart with no out-of-pocket cost. This virtual or telemedicine service includes direct referral for COVID-19 testing for pediatric patients who qualify based on symptoms and other risk factors. Most importantly, it offers care for your child from the safety of your home.
Currently, this service is only available to Missouri residents due to state regulations.
When should I use this service?
If your child requires immediate and urgent medical attention, please go to your closest emergency room or call 911.
Virtual ED visits are appropriate when your child is experiencing respiratory symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or taste
How do I schedule a virtual visit?
This service is available to new or existing St. Louis Children’s or Washington University Department of Pediatrics patients in Missouri and must be scheduled using MyChart.
What if I don’t have MyChart or my child hasn’t been seen before?
Call the MyChart support desk at 314.273.1966 and they will assist you in setting up an account.
To access this service:
- Open your child’s existing MyChart account or create a new one
- Once in your child’s MyChart account:
- Open your child’s chart > Click on the COVID-19 banner to get to the symptom checker > Complete the Pediatric Respiratory Complaint symptom checker
- Complete the questions and electronically sign a consent form
- Based on the recommendations from the symptom checker, you will be prompted to request a video visit with a pediatric emergency department physician in real time.
- If during the video visit it is determined that your child requires a COVID-19 test, your provider will order the test and provide additional instructions.
Video visits are available daily from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm CT.