The Orthopedic Hand Clinic at St. Louis Children’s Hospital offers help for children who have a hand or wrist injury or congenital (from birth) deformity. Most surgical procedures for these problems are performed on an outpatient basis.
The Hand Clinic features the largest and most experienced team of hand and wrist surgeons in the region. Nationally, we are ranked among the top 10 pediatric orthopedic centers, and many of our surgeons are ranked among the best doctors.
- Specialize in microsurgery as well as reconstructive surgery of the hand and wrist.
- Provide reconstructions of both congenital and acquired hand deformities including radial club hand and thumb deficiencies.
- Use vascularized growth plate transplants for the restoration of growth to children’s limbs traumatized by injury, infection or cancer surgery.
- Are part of the largest and most experienced team of hand and wrist surgeons in the region.
A short stay in the hospital is usually required for:
- Replantation surgery
- Total joint replacement of the hand and wrist
- Surgery to correct children’s deformities
Rehabilitation services are readily available for in both inpatient and outpatient settings and focus on rapidly returning a patient to maximum mobility and function.
We offer world-class care to children thanks in part to generous gifts from hundreds of people who have joined us as Guardians of Childhood. This philanthropic support enables us to fulfill our mission to do what's right for kids. Join us in making health care better for all children.