Stars and children have long been symbols of hope. For the children and families served by St. Louis Children's Hospital, that hope is most visible in the faces of the doctors, nurses and other staff members who care for the patients who come through our doors.
But there are others who quietly make a difference to these children through their foresight and planning. They create legacies of hope that shine on children like the stars in the sky, turning compassion into action and transforming hope into healing.
Through the Stars Society, we recognize those who have made a commitment to the future of St. Louis Children's Hospital in their estate plans.
Membership to the Stars Society is open to everyone who has provided for St. Louis Children’s Hospital in their legacy planning. As an expression of gratitude, the hospital offers the following benefits
- Recognition on the hospital's donor hall, located on the second floor of St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Invitations to exclusive Stars Society events to recognize members and provide insider information on important hospital initiatives
- Opportunities to participate in personalized or behind-the-scenes activities highlighting advances in pediatric medicine
- Creating a legacy in pediatric healthcare that will have a lasting impact on children
Ways to be included in the Stars Society
Here are the ways you can be included in the Stars Society:
- Bequest in your will or trust
- Life-income gift that names "St. Louis Children's Hospital Foundation" as a beneficiary, such as a charitable remainder trust or a charitable gift annuity
- Beneficiary designation of your retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b)
- Gift of life insurance
- Certain other legacy gifts
Why might you consider a gift in your will?
By giving to St. Louis Children's through your will, estate plan or other legacy gift, you are demonstrating a commitment to transforming children's healthcare. Many members are able to make a more significant impact than they ever imagined during their lifetime by giving in this meaningful way. Please join us by providing for the future of our kids by remembering St. Louis Children's Hospital in your will or estate plan. We respect those who wish to remain anonymous, but we encourage you to privately share your intent as it will support the hospital's planning for the future.
If you have already included St. Louis Children's Hospital in your estate plans, please let us know. Your willingness to be recognized as a member of the Stars Society encourages others to follow your example and helps us plan for the future of St. Louis Children's Hospital.