Raising a child with autism or Asperger's syndrome presents special challenges. The Family Resource Center can help.
We recommend the following websites for more information about these conditions:
The FRC also has several books on Autism and Asperger's available for checkout. Below are some of the most popular titles.
- Autism's false prophets / Paul Offit, 2008
- Quirky, yes; hopeless, no: practical tips to help your child with Asperger's syndrome to be more socially accepted / Cynthia LaBrie Norall, 2009
- An early start for your child with autism / Sally J. Rogers, Geraldine Dawson and Laurie Vismara, 2012
- Getting the best for your child with autism: an expert's guide to treatment / Bryna Siegel, 2008
- Can't eat, won't eat: dietary difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders / Brenda Legge, 2002
- The social skills picture book: teaching play, emotion and communication to children with autism / Jen Baker, PhD, 2001
- All my stripes: a story for children with autism / Shaian Rudolph and Danielle Royer, 2015
- Russell's world: a story for kids about autism / Charles A. Amenta III, 2011
- The autism acceptance book: being a friend to someone with autism / Ellen Sabin, 2006