The Family Resource Center frequently receives questions about child behavior and discipline, from the "terrible twos" to adolescence. The resources below can help.
We recommend the following websites:
The FRC has several books on behavior and discipline available for checkout. Below are some of the most popular titles.
- 1-2-3 Magic: effective discipline for children 2-12 / Thomas W. Phelan, 2016
- The explosive child / Ross W. Greene, 2014
- Smart but scattered: the revolutionary "executive skills" approach to helping kids reach their potential / Peg Dawson & Richard Guare, 2009
- Tantrums! managing meltdowns in public and private / Thomas W. Phelan, 2014
- Llama llama and the bully goat / Anna Dewedney, 2013
- What if everyone did that? / Ellen Javernick, 2010
- Teeth are not for biting / Elizabeth Verdick, 2003