What is sexual orientation? How does it differ from gender identity? How can I help my child understand his or her sexuality? The Family Resource Center provides books and teaching tools to help you understand your child’s sexuality and answer their questions and yours.
Here are some materials and websites we recommend:
The FRC has several books on LGBT issues available for checkout. Below are some of the most popular titles.
- Always my child / Kevin Jennings, 2003
- Gender born, gender made: raising healthy gender non-conforming children / Diane Ehrensaft, PhD, 2011
- GLBTQ: the survival guide for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning teens / Kelly Huegel, 2011
- This is a book for parents of gay kids: a question and answer guide to everyday life / Dannielle Owens-Reid & Kristin Russo, 2014
- Be who you are / Jennifer Carr, 2010
- I am Jazz / Jessica Herthel & Jazz Jennings, 2014
- Roland Humphrey is wearing a WHAT? / Eileen Kiernan-Johnson, 2012
- When Kayla was Kyle / Amy Fabrikant, 2013
You are also welcome to search our catalog for other titles.