About the Bleeding Disorders Center
The Comprehensive Bleeding Disorder Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital brings adult and pediatric hematologists, clinical researchers, and other medical specialists together to provide superior care for each child with a bleeding disorder.
Benefits for You
The convenience of a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary center focused on bleeding disorders helps to ensure that each child’s medical, developmental and psychological needs are met. Benefits to our patients include:
- Management of the bleeding disorder
- Joint care
- Education and advice about growing up and growing old with a bleeding disorder
- Choice of factor brand and Home Care options
- Self-infusion and/or parent-infusion classes
- Coordination among a variety of subspecialties such as dental care, genetics, psychology, orthopedic care, ob/gyn care, surgery and gastroenterology
- Collaboration with each child’s primary care provider
- State-of-the-art technology for patients and parents to report bleeding episodes
Partnering with Referring Physicians
Referring physicians and nurse practitioners are an integral part of the team caring for patients and families with bleeding disorders. The Bleeding Disorders Center’s team works closely with the patient’s primary care providers to ensure continuity and comprehensive care. At comprehensive clinic visits, each patient receives an extensive evaluation by hematologists, nurses, physical therapists, and social workers, which is reported back to the referring physician.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 314.454.5437 or 800.678.5437 or email us.