For appointments call 314.454.5437 or 800.678.5437
The multidisciplinary Spina Bifida Clinic at St. Louis Children’s Hospital brings together in one place the specialists who are important to the care of children with spina bifida. In just one day, patients can see a:
|Follow the Spina Bifida Clinic on Facebook!|
- Orthopedic surgeon
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Orthotist (medical professional who makes and fits braces and splints)
- Equipment specialist
- Social worker
This comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach:
- Makes doctor visits easy and convenient.
- Promotes communication between our specialist and your physician, which leads to a
comprehensive, individualized patient treatment plan.
- Spina bifida occulta
- Tethered cord
- Chiari II malformation
- Neurogenic bladder
- Neurogenic bowel
- ACE & MACE procedures
- Chait button
- Lumbar lordosis
- Contractures of the hip/knees
- Foot deformities/Orthotics
- The spina bifida clinical nurse coordinator helps patients’ caregivers determine the medical/support services needed.
- All physician and medical specialist appointments are made on the same day and in the same location.
- Lab work, imaging studies and other testing are scheduled on the same day as and prior to clinic appointments.
- Patients with pressure sores or other serious wounds are seen by PAWS (Pediatric Acute Wound Service).
- Clinic appointments are available the second and fourth Tuesday of the month, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., in Suite 2A, second floor of St. Louis Children’s Hospital.