To help ensure the safety of all of our family members, visitors and staff, a visitor photo badge must be issued each day from either the first or second floor information desks. The badges are to be worn and visible (worn above the waist) at all times while visiting our patients.
Parking is available, for a fee, in the St. Louis Children’s Hospital visitor garage located directly across the street. A covered walkway on the second floor connects the visitor garage to the main hospital.
Parking is free for parents, grandparents and clergy who are visiting in-patients.
Family participation guidelines protect the health and safety of patients and their families:
- Please do not visit if you are sick with cold or flu symptoms.
- Parents, legal guardians and grandparents are welcome 24 hours a day.
- Siblings are welcome 9 a.m.-9 p.m. daily and are to be screened for exposure to infectious diseases and recent immunizations.
- Visitors, age 15 and older, may visit 9 a.m.-9 p.m. daily at the discretion of the family.
- A maximum of four badges per patient will be issued at any one time. For the comfort and safety of our patients, up to four family members or visitors may be in a patient’s room (including Same Day Surgery) at any given time.
- Overnight stays are encouraged for parents, legal guardians and grandparents; children may not stay overnight.
- Use of cellular phones is permitted in most areas of the hospital. Certain areas may post signs restricting cell phone usage due to equipment interference. Please observe all signage.
- For the infection control of our patients, no live plants or flowers are permitted in patient rooms or treatment areas. Friends and family are welcome to send cards, mylar (foil) balloons and age-appropriate toys to patients.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. That means that smoking and tobacco products are not permitted anywhere on the grounds of the hospital with the exception of the guest smoking shelter across the street from the hospital’s front entrance.
- So our patients can rest, no inbound phone calls are sent to patient rooms after 10 p.m.
If you have questions, please ask one of our staff members.