As a Pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center, the Dana Brown Emergency Room offers the highest level of pediatric emergency care available.
A specially trained team of physicians, nurses and specialists are ready when your child needs expert medical care for a health emergency.
Night or day, 24/7, we treat all injuries and illnesses, from fevers and fractures to spine and head injuries.
Manage the Wait
- Anticipate that your trip will last multiple hours.
- If your child has mild symptoms and your pediatrician's office is closed, After Hours is available for walk-in treatment of many common respiratory viruses including RSV. Patients will be seen in order of arrival time unless emergency care is required. However, you may schedule your arrival time online to reduce your wait and help us prepare for your visit. All safety guidelines are being followed including masking for everyone over age 2.
- Comfort items like stuffed animals or blankets may help kids during their wait. The best items are ones that can be laundered after your visit.
- Medicines for fever or pain can be given prior to your visit. Review the dosing guide or check with your physician’s office.
- Check with your triage nurse first. If your child is cleared to eat or drink, vending machines are available near the emergency department.
- Bring chargers for electronic devices.
Why Choose the Dana Brown Emergency Room?
At the Dana Brown Emergency Room, everything is kid-focused. All of our emergency room physicians have special training in pediatric emergency medicine or trauma. Our team specializes in providing “ouchless care” and making the experience less stressful. When it comes to your child’s care, we wouldn’t think of providing anything less. Learn more.Learn More
We offer world-class care to children thanks in part to generous gifts from hundreds of people who have joined us in making health care better for all children. This philanthropic support enables us to fulfill our mission to do what's right for kids.