Children’s After Hours provides convenient medical care for your child’s illnesses and injuries by specially-trained pediatric nurse practitioners. After Hours is a kid-focused and faster alternative to ERs when your pediatrician’s office is closed.
Service Updates for COVID-19
After Hours Convenient Care continues to operate and provide the highest level of care to kids in our community. If you are concerned that your child may have COVID-19, please contact your primary care provider for additional guidance.
To ensure the safety of our patients, families and staff and to minimize the potential spread or exposure to COVID-19, we have made the following changes:
- Same-Day Reservations: After Hours convenient care is temporarily offering same-day reservations to minimize your wait time as we stagger visits to accommodate social distancing. You may call 314.454.6340 beginning at 3 p.m. Monday – Friday and 10 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays to make a same-day reservation. Our hours have not changed and we will continue to serve walk in patients.
- COVID-19 Testing: We offer COVID testing for all kids experiencing symptoms. Results are typically available within 1-3 days. Please call 314.454.6340 in advance of arrival so we can be prepared to care for your child.
- Our waiting room is not being used. During open hours, families can call 314.454.6340 prior to arriving or once they arrive to pre-register and answer COVID-19 screening questions. After Hours is still not accepting appointments at this time, but calling ahead helps us plan for your visit.
- Once registered, families will proceed directly to an exam room, if available. If a room is not available, families may wait in their car and staff will call them when a room is available.
- Insurance, photo identification, payment and consent are all collected at the time of service.
- The hallway is cleared when a family is entering or leaving the clinic, or moving from one room to another.
- All employees wear masks.
All visitors older than age 2 must wear a mask.
We encourage patients and families to wear their own masks to the hospital or outpatient facility. If you do not have a personal mask, one will be supplied.
Children’s After Hours provides walk-in medical treatment for:
- Asthma, allergies and sinus issues
- Back and abdominal pain
- Coughs and colds
- Earaches and ear infections
- Eye irritation, pink eye and other eye problems
- Insect bites
- Minor scrapes, cuts, bruises
- Painful urination and urinary tract infections
- Rashes and skin problems
- Sore throats and strep throat
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Monday – Friday: 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon – 11 p.m.
- Holidays: Noon. - 7 p.m on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas Eve (closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day)