The Pediatric Neurosurgery program at St. Louis Children's Hospital is one of the largest neurosurgery programs in the nation and are leaders in both innovative care and research to help shape the care into the future.
The Neurosurgery Program includes:
- Largest team of board-certified pediatric neurosurgeons in the region.
- Epilepsy center recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) as a Level 4 epilepsy center. Level 4 epilepsy centers have the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest-level medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
- Most active selective dorsal rhizotomy program in the world. Under the leadership of T.S. Park, MD, our team has cared for more than 3,800 patients from around the world.
- Research programs supported by grants from National Institutes of Health, Children’s Discovery Institute, Citizen’s United for Research against Epilepsy (CURE) and the Department of Defense.
- Innovative technology for safer, more precise surgical procedures with quicker recovery times for patients.
- International recognition for both clinical expertise and research. Families travel from all 50 states and over 70 countries travel to receive specialized medical care -- from treatment for epilepsy and brain tumors to minimally-invasive surgery to treat patients with cerebral palsy.
- Pediatric Epilepsy Center
- Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Center
- Center for Spastic Cerebral Palsy
- Birth Brachial Plexus Injury
- Comprehensive Craniofacial Center
- Endoscopic Craniosynostosis Repair
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Program
- Pediatric Spine Center
- Skeletal Dysplasia Clinic
- Spina Bifida Clinic
- Hydrocephalus Clinic
We offer world-class care to children thanks in part to generous gifts from hundreds of people who have joined us as Guardians of Childhood. This philanthropic support enabled us to fulfill our mission to do what's right for kids. Join us in making health care better for all children.