St. Louis Children's Hospital's Commitment to Quality
St. Louis Children's Hospital is committed to a mission of doing what's right for kids. That means providing safe care, effective care and exceptional service to every patient, every family, every day.
Our goal is continuous improvement in:
- Patient advocacy and loyalty
- Clinical quality and patient safety
- Medical education and research
- Employee satisfaction and workforce development
- Financial and operational management
- Adverse Drug Events
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- Employee Injuries: Injuries with Days Away, Restrictions, or Transfers
- Patient Falls
- Patient Satisfaction
- Pressure Injuries
- Surgical Site Infections
The Joint Commission
An independent, not-for-profit organization, The Joint Commission accredits and certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
The Joint Commission also provides meaningful information about the comparative performance of accredited organizations through its quality check website.