Following the suspension of the volunteer program due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are focusing on the recall and reorientation of previously active volunteers. The reintegration of these volunteers will be our focus for the remainder of 2021. We will not be onboarding any new volunteers until after January 2022. Please continue to check this website for any program updates.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital volunteers create a difference in the lives of our patients, families, visitors and staff every day. Volunteers can be found throughout the hospital, delivering packages and mail to our patients, greeting visitors at the Information Desks, bringing comfort and distraction to patients and their siblings through play and improving the overall hospital experience for all of our guests.
Volunteer Services is committed to recruiting, selecting, and training individuals seeking opportunities to serve as long term volunteers.
- We ask all volunteers to make a commitment of one consistent weekly shift.
- Adult volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of one year.
- College student volunteers are asked to commit two consecutive semesters or a minimum of 6 months.
- All volunteers are expected to serve a minimum of 75 hours.
- Please note individuals must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer.
Email us at [email protected] for general information or if you're interested in volunteer opportunities.
DISCLAIMER: If your intention is to shadow any of our medical staff, complete an internship/externship or practicum, receive clinical experience or expand your knowledge of the medical field, volunteering is not the appropriate opportunity for you. Please contact the specific medical department you are interested in working with to learn about potential opportunities that may better suit your intentions.