Washington University Children’s After Hours provides convenient medical care for your child’s illnesses and injuries by specially-trained pediatric nurse practitioners. Children’s After Hours is a kid-focused and faster alternative to ERs when your pediatrician’s office is closed.
Patients will be seen in order of arrival time unless emergency care is required. However, you may schedule your arrival time online to reduce your wait and help us prepare for your visit. All safety guidelines are being followed including masking for everyone over age 2.
Service Updates for COVID-19
After Hours continues to operate and provide the highest level of care to kids in our community. If you are concerned that your child may have COVID-19, please contact your primary care provider for additional guidance.
- COVID-19 Testing: We offer COVID testing for all kids experiencing symptoms. When available, rapid tests (antigen) offer results within 15 minutes. PCR testing is also available with results typically within 1-3 days.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please notify the receptionist once you arrive.
- Please note, there may still be a wait once you arrive to the clinic. Patients are seen in order of arrival unless immediate care is requested.
- Insurance, photo identification, payment and consent are all collected at the time of service.
All staff and visitors older than age 2 must wear a mask.
We encourage patients and families to wear their own masks to the hospital or outpatient facility. If you do not have a personal mask, one will be supplied.
Children’s After Hours provides walk-in medical treatment for:
- Asthma, allergies and sinus issues
- Back and abdominal pain
- Coughs and colds
- Earaches and ear infections
- Eye irritation, pink eye and other eye problems
- Insect bites
- Minor scrapes, cuts, bruises
- Painful urination and urinary tract infections
- Rashes and skin problems
- Sore throats and strep throat
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Vomiting and diarrhea
For emergency pediatric care in St. Charles County, please visit Progress West Hospital. The emergency room at Progress West Hospital is staffed by Washington University physicians from St. Louis Children’s Hospital, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Monday – Friday: 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon – 11 p.m.
- Holidays: Noon. - 7 p.m on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas Eve (closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day)