Washington University Children’s After Hours provides convenient medical care for your child’s illnesses and injuries by specially-trained pediatric nurse practitioners. Children’s After Hours is a kid-focused and faster alternative to ERs when your pediatrician’s office is closed.
Service Updates for COVID-19
After Hours Convenient Care continues to operate and provide the highest level of care to kids in our community. If you are concerned that your child may have COVID-19, please contact your primary care provider for additional guidance.
To ensure the safety of our patients, families and staff and to minimize the potential spread or exposure to COVID-19, we have made the following changes:
- Same-Day Reservations: After Hours convenient care is temporarily offering same-day reservations to minimize your wait time as we stagger visits to accommodate social distancing. You may call 314.454.6340 beginning at 3 p.m. Monday – Friday and 10 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays to make a same-day reservation. Our hours have not changed and we will continue to serve walk in patients.
- COVID-19 Testing: We offer COVID testing for all kids experiencing symptoms. When available, rapid COVID test results are available within 15 minutes. We also offer COVID send out testing, with results typically available within 1-3 days. Please call 636.696.4790 in advance of arrival so we can be prepared to care for your child.
- Our waiting room is not being used. During open hours, families can call 636.696.4790 prior to arriving or once they arrive to pre-register and answer COVID-19 screening questions. After Hours is still not accepting appointments at this time, but calling ahead helps us plan for your visit.
- Once registered, families will proceed directly to an exam room, if available. If a room is not available, families may wait in their car and staff will call them when a room is available.
- Insurance, photo identification, payment and consent are all collected at the time of service.
- The hallway is cleared when a family is entering or leaving the clinic, or moving from one room to another.
- All employees wear masks.
All visitors older than age 2 must wear a mask.
We encourage patients and families to wear their own masks to the hospital or outpatient facility. If you do not have a personal mask, one will be supplied.
Children’s After Hours provides walk-in medical treatment for:
- Asthma, allergies and sinus issues
- Back and abdominal pain
- Coughs and colds
- Earaches and ear infections
- Eye irritation, pink eye and other eye problems
- Insect bites
- Minor scrapes, cuts, bruises
- Painful urination and urinary tract infections
- Rashes and skin problems
- Sore throats and strep throat
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Vomiting and diarrhea
For emergency pediatric care in St. Charles County, please visit Progress West Hospital. The emergency room at Progress West Hospital is staffed by Washington University physicians from St. Louis Children’s Hospital, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Monday – Friday: 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon – 11 p.m.
- Holidays: Noon. - 7 p.m on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas Eve (closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day)