St. Louis Children’s Hospital is launching a new integrated marketing campaign, “Guardians of Childhood,” that reinforces its commitment to helping children in the St. Louis region and across the world.
The campaign, created in partnership with advertising agency J. Walter Thompson Chicago, launches with “No Days Off.” The :60 television commercial, airing in St. Louis and surrounding markets, spotlights the way a parent’s role evolves—beginning the moment they bring their first child into the world—and how St. Louis Children’s Hospital is there to help every step of the way. Two additional commercials, “Lullaby” and “StoryTime,” complement the launch television spot; print, out-of-home, digital, cinema and radio advertisements will also run through the end of the summer.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is regarded as one of the premier children’s hospitals in the United States for its renowned pediatric research, innovation and specialized care. The campaign aims to remind parents and caregivers that Children’s is the best choice for routine as well as complex pediatric health care needs.
“This new campaign represents the diversity of the children and families we serve from across the St. Louis region and beyond,” said Jackie Ferman, Director of Marketing at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. “We want to communicate that St. Louis Children’s Hospital offers the best pediatric services and care for both serious illness and everyday issues. We’ve got some of the best doctors in the world, and we want every parent to know, as Guardians of Childhood, we’re always here for them.”
“As we learned more about St. Louis Children’s Hospital, we discovered a compassionate staff that offered so much more than nationally ranked medical care,” says Mike Beamer, Creative Director at J. Walter Thompson. “We heard stories of nurses throwing proms for their patients; providing mobile care for the community; and even a doctor who sings to his patients. We wanted to bring this compassion to life with a campaign that celebrated all these Guardians of Childhood at St. Louis Children’s Hospital who protect those precious childhood moments through every injury or illness.”
St. Louis Children’s Hospital has a longstanding history of distinctions in children’s health. As the 7th-oldest pediatric hospital in the United States, some of the institution’s recent accomplishments and accolades include:
- Offering comprehensive services in every pediatric medical and surgical specialty.
- Serving patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
- St. Louis Children's Hospital is recognized as one of America's top children's hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, which in 2015 ranked the hospital in all 10 specialties surveyed.
- Children’s has received the Professional Research Consultants’ (PRC) 5-Star Award for 10 consecutive years. This designation is given annually to each health care facility that scores in the 90th percentile or above for the “Overall Quality of Care” and “Excellent” score in PRC’s national client database for the prior calendar year.
- Children’s is the only pediatric hospital in Missouri and Illinois that is nationally verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and recognized as a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center (highest classification of trauma care). Also, it is the only pediatric trauma center in the region that will re-attach and re-vascularize severed limbs.
- Children’s has active transplant programs for heart, liver, kidney, lung and bone marrow, and performed 80 pediatric transplants in 2013. It is one of the top pediatric transplant centers in the country.
To learn more about St. Louis Children’s Hospital and the Guardians of Childhood campaign, visit StLouisChildrens.org/Guardians.