The Adolescent Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital was created to meet the complex, growing health care needs of adolescents.
Adolescent patients (patients aged 12-21) require general and specialized care that is tailored to their mental, physical and social development. The Adolescent Center offers evaluation and treatment for an array of problems including:
- Reproductive healthcare, including menstrual problems, family planning, sexually transmitted diseases, issues of sexual identity, pap tests and cancer screenings
- Issues of weight management, including eating disorders
- Medical problems associated with adolescence including management, coping and compliance issues
- Wellness promotion and preventive services
- Personal, family and school problems
Our mission is to provide care for patients, ages 12-21 and to serve as a resource for health care professionals with questions or other needs related to adolescent health care. To this end, we seek to:
- Collaborate with groups to improve the health of our youth
- Provide teaching in adolescent medicine
- Develop areas of clinical research in adolescent medicine
Conditions We Treat
Related Programs & Services
We offer world-class care to children thanks in part to generous gifts from hundreds of people who have joined us in making health care better for all children. This philanthropic support enables us to fulfill our mission to do what's right for kids.