What is The Comfort Ability workshop?
The Comfort Ability is an interactive one-day program to help adolescents and their parents or caregivers learn how to better manage chronic pain and improve day-to-day function. Adolescents and their parents/caregivers start the day together but then most of the day is spent in separate groups. The program is offered to individuals 11 – 17 years of age.
- Connect with others their age who are also dealing with chronic pain
- Learn about pain processing
- Develop an individual comfort plan for improved pain management
- Learn mind – body strategies for managing pain and related stress
Parents and Caregivers will:
- Obtain resources for pain management support
- Learn parent strategies that promote comfort
- Understand how to create a plan to support improved function at home and or school
Things to consider:
- Space is limited
- The workshop and group sessions are conducted in English
- Participants must be able to interact with others in a group setting
Workshops are held on selected Saturdays from 10am -5pm.
December 7, 2019
March 7, 2020
June 27, 2020
2020 Fall Dates coming soon!
St. Louis Children’s Hospital Specialty Care Center
13001 N Outer 40 Rd.
Town and Country, MO 63017
- Insurance plans not currently accepted, but a receipt can be provided for health savings / flexible spending account reimbursement.
- $100.00 per session includes child and one parent / caregiver.
- Additional caregivers may attend for an additional fee.
Registration / Questions
To learn more about the national program, visit The Comfort Ability.