St. Louis Children’s Hospital’s Asthma Education Committee has six Asthma Control Education (ACE) sessions scheduled in 2017.
• Saturday, April 1, 9-11 a.m., Northwest Healthcare
• Saturday, April 8, 9-11 a.m., Progress West Hospital
• Saturday, April 29, 9-11 a.m., St. Louis Children’s Hospital
• Saturday, September 23, 9 -11 a.m., Northwest Healthcare
• Saturday, October 7, 9-11 a.m., St. Louis Children’s Hospital
• Saturday, October 14, 9 -11 a.m., Progress West Hospital
The free sessions cover basic information about asthma including peak flow monitoring, action plans, triggers and environmental controls. Attendance at the sessions is kept small, and each session is individualized to participants’ personal asthma action plans.
The sessions are open to parents and caregivers of any child with asthma. Children may attend the sessions if they are five years of age or older and accompanied by at least one parent. Families may call 314.454.KIDS or 800.678.KIDS to register. Pre-registration is required. Room numbers and directions are mailed with registration confirmations.
To request ACE class schedule flyers or learn more about how ACE can help your office, contact Children’s Direct at 800.678.HELP (4357).