Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Working closely with referring physicians and other specialists at St. Louis Children's Hospital, the specialists with the Program in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology are able to address the special gynecologic needs of children and adolescents --especially those with physical or mental disabilities, or chronic underlying health problems.
We diagnose and treat gynecologic problems for the infant, child, young adolescent and teen, including a full spectrum of clinical and support services in a comprehensive program for evaluation, specialized treatment and follow-up care. We also provide abstinence counseling, contraceptive counseling and pregnancy prevention strategies.
- Heavy, frequent or painful menstrual periods
- Irregular or infrequent menstrual periods
- Signs of early sexual maturation
- Signs of delayed sexual maturation
- Breast abnormalities, asymmetry or pain
- Chronic genital rashes or itching
- Vaginal discharge, drainage or odor
- Unusual appearance of the genitals
- Abdominal pain
- Ovarian cysts or pelvic masses
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Abdominal pain, pelvic endometriosis
- Birth defects involving the reproductive organs
- Injuries involving the reproductive organs
- Abnormal pap smears
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Laser surgery
- Special instruments and equipment that allow the examination of young children and teens in a reassuring and non-threatening environment -- without discomfort
- Special equipment to allow complete access for patients with physical disabilities
We offer world-class care to children thanks in part to generous gifts from hundreds of people who have joined us as Guardians of Childhood. This philanthropic support enables us to fulfill our mission to do what's right for kids. Join us in making health care better for all children.