Fetal Care Center
All parents want the very best for their baby. When there is a problem with your unborn baby, our team at the Fetal Care Center will provide the skilled, sensitive care you and your baby need. We are world-class doctors who expertly diagnose and treat complex fetal conditions.
As part of the Women & Infants Center, the Fetal Care Center draws on the combined expertise of three world-class medical institutions: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University Physicians. Here, your family receives exceptional care in one easily accessible medical campus.
Expectant mothers and their families choose us because we offer:
- Expert diagnosis. Our specialists perform thousands of ultrasounds and diagnostic tests each year using advanced technology to accurately diagnose complex fetal conditions. Your journey with us begins with a comprehensive set of tests and consultations with specialists.
- Experienced physicians. Our specialists are some of the most qualified, highly trained physicians in the Midwest. Our patients benefit from a team of expert OB/GYN maternal-fetal medicine doctors at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and newborn medicine and pediatric specialists at St. Louis Children's Hospital.
- Fetal surgeries. Our specialists at the Fetal Care Center excel at performing the most complex fetal surgeries. We treat certain serious fetal conditions early to increase your unborn baby’s chances of survival and good health after birth.
- Family-centered care. It’s important to us that you feel informed and involved while in our care. Our staff takes the time to walk you through what to expect and thoroughly explain treatment options. We involve you in every decision about your baby's care and keep in close contact with your home doctor.
- Advanced NICU. If your baby needs special care after birth, your baby will be cared for in the nationally-ranked St. Louis Children’s Hospital Level IV NICU, the highest level possible for newborn intensive care.
For more information on the Fetal Care Center, contact St. Louis Children's Hospital at 314-454-5437 or request an appointment online.
We offer world-class care to children thanks in part to generous gifts from hundreds of people who have joined us as Guardians of Childhood. This philanthropic support enables us to fulfill our mission to do what's right for kids. Join us in making health care better for all children.