The High Five recognition program is open to all front line St. Louis Children’s Hospital staff members (managers and above not eligible). It is designed to recognize individuals for going above and beyond their normal duties to ensure the provision of safe care, effective care, exceptional service to our patients and their families, and/or creating an exceptional work environment. Nominees for this award consistently demonstrate the values and behaviors that contribute to a Superior Patient Experience, while adhering to the professional standards associated with their role.
For a guide to SPE – Values and Behaviors download this PDF.
High Five Program Awards
All High 5 Nominees
- Receive a copy of their nomination form and a High Five lapel pin.
- A commendation from their supervisor.
- Will be considered as a candidate for the monthly President’s Award and one of four Monthly Service awards.
Four Monthly Service Area Award Winners
Service Areas: Clinical Care, Hospital Support, Nursing, and Patient Support Services
- Receive special recognition from their department.
- Receive a personalized award certificate and High Five Puzzle Piece award for their specific Service Area.
- Receive a $25 gift card.
Monthly President’s Award Winner:
- Receives special recognition from the department and senior leadership.
- Receives a High Five award plaque.
- Will be featured in Children’s Chat and the BJC Today employee newsletter.
- Receives a $100 VISA gift card and a $50 "doing what's right" gift card.
- Will be a candidate for the Annual President’s Award.
The Annual President’s Award Winner:
- Will be recognized at the Annual St. Louis Children’s Hospital Employee Recognition Celebration.
- Receives a vacation package.
- Receives a gold SLCH employee name badge.
- Receives one year parking in the visitor garage.
- Receives an Annual President’s Award plaque.
- Will be featured in Children’s Chat and the BJC Today employee newspaper.
High Five Award Nomination
To nominate a staff member for a High Five Award, please follow these instructions:
- Fill in the nomination form completely; include a description of how the employee you are nominating demonstrated the values that support a Superior Patient Experience.
- To respect the privacy of our patients please do not provide any information that could reveal the identity of a patient.
- If you have questions about the program, contact HR at 314.286.0910.