The High Five recognition program is open to all front line St. Louis Children’s Hospital staff members (managers and above not eligible). It is designed to recognize individuals for going above and beyond their normal duties to demonstrate BJC’s shared values of: Safety, Respect, Compassion, Teamwork and Excellence. High Five nominees consistently demonstrate these values, while adhering to the professional standards associated with their role.
*New for 2020 and beyond, if you are nominating a nurse for demonstrating the BJC shared values while performing direct patient care at the bedside, they should be nominated for a DAISY Award, not a High Five. Nominate a nurse for a DAISY Award.
Nominate a staff member for a High Five Award
High Five Program Recognition and Awards
All High 5 Nominees
- Receive a copy of their nomination form and a High Five lapel pin.
- A commendation from their supervisor.
- Will be considered as a candidate for one of three Monthly Service awards.
Three Monthly High Five Award Winners
- Receive special recognition from their department.
- Receive a personalized award certificate.
- Receive a $30 gift card.
High Five Award Nomination
To nominate a staff member for a High Five Award, please follow these instructions:
- Fill in the nomination form completely; include a description of how the employee you are nominating demonstrated the BJC shared values.
- To respect the privacy of our patients please do not provide any information that could reveal the identity of a patient.
- If you have questions about the program, contact HR at 314.286.0755.