Application Information for Graduate Nurses
If you are currently enrolled in nursing school or recently graduated, you are invited to apply to our Graduate Nurse job opening, which can be found on the BJC Healthcare career site.
What you need to know
BJC HealthCare hires graduate nurses year-round depending on the availability of positions that consider new graduates.
To be considered for an RN position at BJC HealthCare, new graduate candidates must apply online to the continuous Graduate Nurse job opening. This is updated twice a year – once for January – June graduates and once for July – December graduates.
A new graduate is a registered nurse with less than one year of experience working as an RN.
Application process qualifications
Upon graduation, all applicants must meet the requirements to obtain an RN license.
Tips for Applying
- New graduates should read the job description of each posting prior to submitting an application to ensure they meet the desired qualifications.
- When choosing the areas of interest, please keep in mind that our Critical Care areas as well as the Women and Infants and the Emergency Department have limited openings for new graduates.
- Please list your top three areas of clinical interest on your resume and submit along with your application.
- Licensure: To find out more information about participating compact states, visit the National Council of State Boards of Nursing website.
Here's What You Can Expect After You Apply
- A Talent Acquisition Specialist will contact you to schedule a time to speak about your interests. This initial contact should occur, most times, within 24 hours of your application being submitted.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, status updates will be provided via email.
- Once you have scheduled a time and spoken with the Specialist, your information will be given to the appropriate Talent Acquisition Specialist(s). The Specialist will follow-up with you to discuss Staff Nurse openings and potential next steps. At this time, you will also be sent an email link to begin the reference checking process.
- Should an interview be scheduled, you will be brought in to shadow in the department and interview with the Clinical Nurse Manager or the leadership on the floor.
- After completing your interview, a decision should be made quickly and you will be contacted to discuss next steps.
If you want to check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click on myCareer Tools and then click on Accepted/Unaccepted applications.