St. Louis and its surrounding St. Louis County provide a metropolis feel in the heart of the Midwest. The city’s skyline is famous for the iconic Gateway Arch, a skyscraping showcase of the national Museum of Westward Expansion.
Downtown St. Louis is also home to sports champions, premiere entertainment venues and award winning urban green space. Within a twenty mile radius, there are other must-see sights and diverse communities.
Moving west, Forest Park is the country’s largest urban park. It houses several free cultural and athletic activities. Lining the eastern edge of the park is the Washington University Medical Center, which is the location of St. Louis Children’s Hospital. This medical campus provides easy access to downtown or midtown living and suburban neighborhoods. St. Louis is an urban destination for the Great Plains state of Missouri, and has historically been a symbol for new opportunities.
And, if that's not enough, here are a few more reasons why St. Louis is a great place to live:
- Located in the center of the U.S. which makes it easy to drive or fly to many destinations.
- No toll roads!
- Two major professional sports teams - St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) and St. Louis Blues (hockey)
- Many local attractions can be enjoyed … for free! - St. Louis Zoo, Missouri History Museum, St. Louis Science Center, Contemporary Art Museum, Grant's Farm, St. Louis Art Museum, In-Bev/Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour, Citygarden, World Bird Sanctuary and Museum of Westward Expansion just to name a few.
- It’s a cultural “melting pot,” home to thousands of immigrants from 40 countries.
- Free outdoor concerts and events in the spring and summer - Fair St. Louis, Missouri History Museum's "Twilight Tuesdays," St. Louis Zoo's "Jungle Boogie" and "Jammin' at the Zoo," Missouri Botanical Garden's "Whitaker Music Festival," free theater at the Muny and the Shakespeare Festival
- One of the most affordable major metropolitan areas to live in the U.S. - St. Louis has been voted a "best buy" city for affordable living by Forbes magazine, Expansion Management magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine and the National Association of Home Builders.
- Enjoy tasty delicacies, including toasted ravioli, gooey butter cake, Gus’ Pretzels, Ted Drewes frozen custard and Sweetie Pie's
- Home of St. Louis Children’s Hospital, ranked among America’s top children’s hospitals by US News & World Report.
BJC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status.