Phone -- 314.286.2959
Facsimile -- 314.747.8658
St. Louis Children’s Hospital provides continuing medical education and practice enhancement programs for medical staff and community physicians. Physician services representatives serve as links with the hospital to identify the specific needs of community physicians and to help with problem-solving.
Physician services programs include:
- Office manager/staff seminars
- Videoconferenced and Web conferenced rounds
- Hospital tours
- CME Community Outreach programs
- Continuing medical education
- EU and PICU communication program
- Physician Directories
Continuing medical education includes the most up-to-date advances in pediatric health care presented through various symposia, lecture series, seminars and rounds. The affiliation between Washington University School of Medicine and St. Louis Children’s Hospital provides knowledge of the latest in research and clinical expertise. Many education programs offer credit hours in category 1 of the Physician’s Recognition Award of the AMA.
Teleconferencing technology has helped broaden the outreach of SLCH’s educational programs, enabling physicians in outlying areas to receive pediatric education through a web-based system.
All physicians are welcome to attend the programs of their choice. Early Bird Rounds is recorded and available through CMEasy:
- Early Bird Rounds -- 8-9 a.m. Fridays, September though June; focus on problems encountered in daily practice
- Grand Rounds/Visiting Professor Series -- 9:15-10:30 a.m., Fridays; faculty and visiting professors from across the country present the most current review of their area of expertise
- Evening Seminars -- provide a comprehensive update on the evaluation and management of selected pediatric problems
- Physician Outreach Programs -- groups of staff physicians regularly travel to communities in the region to discuss topics of interest to local physicians