The St. Louis Children's Hospital Teen Life Council (TLC) is sponsored by the hospital's Child Life Department. The mission of the Teen Life Council is to make St. Louis Children’s Hospital a better place for teen patients by advising the hospital staff on issues important to teens, working to improve the activities available to teen patients, and planning events that will make the hospital a more enjoyable place for teens during their stay. The Teen Life Council includes teen patients (both past and current) and their siblings and friends aged 13-21 years old.
What we do
- Plan monthly TLC sponsored activities for the Teen Lounge
- Plan monthly “Teen Take Out” events for teen inpatients
- Plan quarterly “Teen Night” events for teen inpatients
- Provide teen input into Strategic Initiatives for hospital administration
- Develop new ways to expand council membership
- Provide input on special events and resources offered to teen patients
- Advise staff and administration on issues that impact teen patients
- Plan and host Teen Prom for inpatients, watch our video from the first Teen Prom
When we meet
The Teen Life Council (TLC) holds meetings once a month at St. Louis Children’s Hospital with food, games, music, activities, and a chance to socialize with others within this age group all working toward making St. Louis Children’s Hospital a better place for teens. In order to stay up-to-date with current activities, we have an e-mail listserv and a private Facebook group for the Teen Life Council (TLC). These communications serve the purpose for all council members and in particular, help those that would like to be involved but cannot commit to monthly meetings due to location and/or other restrictions, to be included in the discussion.
How do I become a member?
Fill out the Teen Life Council Application and return it to Courtney Coffman, CCLS via the instructions on the form. For more information, contact Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.215.7211.