Our Family Partner Program is an individualized volunteer opportunity. Family Partners draw on their experiences at St. Louis Children's Hospital and provide insight to enhance and improve delivery of care and to develop new programs and processes throughout the hospital. Interested family members are asked to complete our application and meet with one of the leaders of Patient- and Family-Centered Care Program to share your stories and learn more about the program.
Family Partners commit to:
- Believe in the benefits of patient- and family-centered care
- Represent family experiences from a global perspective
- Communicate respectfully, clearly, and concisely
- Fulfill obligations
- Learn...and have FUN!
Family Partner volunteer opportunities:
- Patient & Family Centered Care Council (PFCCC)
- Family Actor Program
- Family Centered Rounds process improvement initiative
- Family Mentor Program
- Family Panel Program
- Family Partners as members of department teams, committees, task forces or projects
- Family Partners as members of the e-council
How can I become a family partner? Fill in our online application form. If you have questions, please call the Patient- and Family-Centered Care Coordinator, at 314.454.2153 or send email to SLCHfamilycenteredcare@bjc.org.