The Family Partner Program is a unique opportunity for families who have had a child at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Our program consists of families of children of all ages, different diagnoses and seen on multiple units, as well as bereaved families. Family Partners draw on their experiences and mentor families, provide the family voice to hospital-wide projects and initiatives and join our Patient and Family Centered Council meetings. Interested family members are asked to complete our application and meet with one of the Lead Family Partners on staff to share your stories and learn more about the program. We would love to connect with you and partner to serve our amazing families! Our Family Partner Volunteers are an incredible community and resource at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Do not hesitate to reach out with questions; this volunteer opportunity can be customizable to your experience and level of commitment. Our program understands the need for flexibility and will work with your schedule.
Family Partners Volunteers:
- Believe in and advocate for equitable patient and family centered care. When we take care of families, we take care of kids, too!
- Support the medical team in understanding the importance of having the family voice at the table when making decisions. Because if the family voice is not at the table, the team is not complete.
- Build relationships in the hospital and demonstrate the importance of including the family voice in all St. Louis Children’s Hospital-wide initiatives.
Family Partner Volunteer opportunities:
- Patient & Family Centered Care Council (PFCCC): monthly meetings, with an e-council option available
- Family Lunches: providing lunches to families Mon-Fri on different units of the hospital, which are provided by local restaurants in St. Louis
- Family Actor Program: training new residents, nurses, and other staff
- Family Centered Rounds Improvement Initiative
- Family Mentor Program: mentoring in-patient families in need of support and connection that you can uniquely provide
- Various committees, task forces or projects
How can I become a family partner?
Complete our online application form below. If you have questions, please contact one of our Lead Family Partners, at 314.454.2153 or send email to [email protected].