Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis affect all aspects of children’s lives, including their:
- Physical and psychological well-being
- Educational endeavors
- Sports activities
- Relationships with family and friends
The IBD Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital offers patients and their families help with all aspects of IBD treatment through a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team approach encompassing:
- Overall medical supervision by experienced pediatric gastroenterologists, physicians that specialize in IBD
- Emotional support provided by pediatric psychologists and social workers
- Nutrition counseling by a registered pediatric dietitian
- Surgical consultation with pediatric surgeons as needed
All services are available to patients as part of their scheduled appointments and in one location. In addition, treatments such as IV infusions as well as blood work and radiological tests often can be arranged the same day as a further convenience for patients and their families.
Contact the IBD Center
Conditions We Treat
Related Programs & Services
We offer world-class care to children thanks in part to generous gifts from hundreds of people who have joined us in making health care better for all children. This philanthropic support enables us to fulfill our mission to do what's right for kids.