The neurorehabilitation program at St. Louis Children’s Hospital is proud to achieve excellent outcomes for the children and families we serve.
In 2022, our program provided services to 31 children.
96.8% of children served returned to home upon discharge.
Average Age: 10 years, 2 months
- 9.7% of the children were 3 years of age or younger
- 16.1 % were between 3-5 years of age
- 22.6% were between 5-10 years of age
- 51.6% were over the age of 10
|Diagnosis||Traumatic Brain Dysfunction||Other Neuro Conditions||Stroke||Non-Traumatic Brain Dysfunction||Traumatic Spinal Cord Dysfunction|
|% of Children Served||32||16||6.5||38.7||6.5|
|Number of Patients in 2022||10||5||2||12||2|
|Average Length of Stay||33 days
|% 0-3 years of age||0||20||0||16.7||0|
|% 3-5 years of age||30||0||0||16.7||0|
|% 5-10 years of age||10||40||50||16.7||50|
|% over 10 years of age||60||40||50||50||50|
|% Discharged to home||100||100||100||91.7||100|
Overall Functional Outcomes: Our patients averaged greater functional gains than patients at similar facilities in all 5 diagnosis categories listed above.
- 100% of children surveyed felt they had gotten better and were ready to go home by the time of discharge.
- 100% of children surveyed also report that the people at St. Louis Children’s Hospital care about them.
- 100% of parents who participated in a 1-week post discharge follow-up phone call reported they felt prepared to take their child home at time of discharge. (50% participation rate).
- 93% of parents who participated in a 1-week post discharge survey report they were satisfied with their level of involvement in discharge planning.