The neurorehabilitation program at St. Louis Children’s Hospital is proud to achieve excellent outcomes for the children and families we serve.
In 2020, our program provided services to 40 children.
90% of children served returned to home upon discharge.
Average Age: 9.8 years old
- 10% of the children were 3 years of age or younger
- 17.5 % were between 3-5 years of age
- 25% were between 5-10 years of age
- 47.5% were over the age of 10
|Diagnosis||Traumatic Brain Dysfunction||Neuro Conditions||Stroke||Non-Traumatic Brain Dysfunction|
|% of Children Served||30||30||15||10|
|Number of Patients in 2020||12||12||6||4|
|Average Length of Stay||29.8 days
|% 0-3 years of age||0||16.7||16||25|
|% 3-5 years of age||25||8||33||0|
|% 5-10 years of age||25||8||33||50|
|% over 10 years of age||50||66.7||16||25|
|% Discharged to home||100||83||100||50|
Overall Functional Outcomes: Our patients averaged greater functional gains than patients at similar facilities in 3 of the 4 diagnosis categories listed above.
- 89% of children surveyed felt they had gotten better and were ready to go home by the time of discharge.
- 100% of parents who participated in a 1-week post discharge follow-up phone call reported they felt prepared to take their child home at time of discharge. (80% participation rate).