The neurorehabilitation program at St. Louis Children’s Hospital has achieved excellent outcomes for the children and families it serves.
- In 2018, the program provided services to 21 children.
- Approximately 57 percent of those children had diagnoses of brain dysfunction, 19 percent has suffered strokes; and 19 percent had non-traumatic spinal cord injuries and other neurologic conditions.
- Age ranges: 19 percent of patients were between 3-5 years of age; 19 percent of patients were between 5-10 years of age; and 62 percent of patients were over 10 years of age.
- 100 percent of the children served returned to home upon discharge.
Feedback from parents indicates that our families are satisfied or very satisfied with our program.
- 93 percent of children who evaluated the program said that they felt involved in the program, got better and that the staff cared about what they think.
- 100 percent of children surveyed felt ready to go home by the time of discharge.