The fellowship begins in the first week of July. In the first year, our administrative fellow is designated mentors at the senior leadership level. With each mentor, the fellow will be given meaningful project exposure, shadowing opportunities, and the opportunity to receive high-level coaching.
Throughout the year, you can move through a variety of rotations in order to gain maximum exposure to the hospital and its leadership team. With solid exposure to the organization, year two is focused on specific projects and electives based on the fellow’s interest.
Fellows will be challenged with strategic projects such as creating a clinical service plan, leading a major process improvement project and/or focusing on a major initiative related to the imperative goals of the hospital.
Fellows will report to Michele McKee, Vice President, Finance, Strategic Planning and Women & Infant Services. Throughout the program, you will also have regular exposure to the executive leadership team and an opportunity to participate in senior leadership meetings and planning sessions with the leaders below:
- Trish Lollo, President
- Michele McKee, Vice President, Finance, Strategic Planning and Women & Infant Services
- Tesh Jewel, Vice President, Ambulatory and Clinical Support
- Carrie Lee, Vice President, Patient Care Services & Chief Nursing Officer
- Gary LaBlance, Vice President, Operations & Support Services
- Gary Silverman, MD, PhD, Pediatrician-in-Chief
- Tanya Waskiewicz, Chief Development Officer
- Beverly S. Brozanski, MD, Vice President of Pediatric Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Missy Lynch, Executive Director, Human Resources
BJC HealthCare and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is a part of BJC HealthCare, the largest employer in Missouri, with a total of 15 hospitals in the St. Louis Region. As a pediatric teaching hospital, St. Louis Children’s is affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine, which is nationally ranked in research and care.
With St. Louis Children’s Hospital being part of the BJC HealthCare network (including Washington University Medical School) you will have opportunities to meet and network with the best of the best throughout our network.