St. Louis Children's Hospital offers several FREE classes and outreach programs for EMS providers.
EMS Continuing Education Courses
These two-hour classes explore topics intended to improve competence and the delivery of optimal care for children. Classes are free, but pre-registration is required.
St. Louis Children's Hospital is approved as an EMS training entity through the Missouri Department of Health, Unit of EMS. Certificates and CEUs will be awarded upon completion of the course. Illinois CEUs are pending.
St. Louis Children's Hospital offers several outreach programs, customized to fit your needs. In most cases, our outreach coordinator will provide training and education on-site. Offerings include:
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment - Rapid Cardiopulmonary Assessment
- Pediatric Respiratory Emergency Assessment and Management (RSV, croup, airway obstruction, bronchiolitis, asthma)
- Pediatric Medical Emergencies (DKA, meningitis, dehydration, seizures, shock)
- Pediatric Trauma
- Pediatric Burns
- Neonatal (NRP - certified, rapid newborn assessment)
- PALS review / update
- Pediatric skills update
- Critical incidents (debriefing and providing stress relief for caregiver)
- Child abuse
- Transport topics and support (prehospital management, case reviews, IV skills)
Other resources and materials
- Burn CD
- Trauma/Burns/Transport Resource Manual
- Pediatric/Neonatal Drug References
- PALS Provider
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Other topics upon request
To schedule an outreach program or for more information about EMS outreach opportunities, contact Gina Pellerito or Sabine Sagner, at 314.454.2834 or 800.678.HELP (4357).